• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Rank studio monitors/active speakers you have heard

auricom

Klein & Hummel O 300 are not much different than genelec 8050 in nearfield but with more low end, its a tomato, tamoto kind of comparison really, at least within our human perception of sound.
I read O 300 has very weak bass and needs a sub, while 8050 has plenty and goes low (but not suitable for louder mid field listening) so aren't they very different in that aspect too + 3-way vs 2-way.

carlosatl

I read O 300 has very weak bass and needs a sub, while 8050 has plenty and goes low (but not suitable for louder mid field listening) so aren't they very different in that aspect too + 3-way vs 2-way.
Not as I recall with the low end, but in a real life scenario its nothing overly different. The human ear can only perceive so much right? I mean these speakers are much more precise than our ears most likely.
And from what I can hear, and read is that a well made 2 way Is very close to a 3 way.
Maybe you have a different experience?
Has Speaker design reached full maturity just about?
And It seems to be that diminishing returns is real.

I have KRK Expose E8B 2way and Genelec 8331 3way coaxial that I compare.

Top Bottom