• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Random Technical Picture Upload Thread

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
1597283996821.png

Katji

Major Contributor
Often I need to reference an image on other forums. The software we use in ASR makes it a joy to upload images by just dragging them here. Then I can reference them elsewhere. My alternative has been my personal photo service which is more cumbersome to use.

So I will be uploading images to this thread. Feel free to ask questions about them but otherwise, this is just a photo repository. :)
:) So this post appeared in the RSS feed. :) But it doesn't show the user name, or the OP date. So I came to askwhether [you] had considered how the hosting space is paid for. :D
Ok. Anyway, it's quite interesting. Really more interesting than the daily which headphone amp should I buy. I wonder whether a more complex RSS reader could do more...In this way, RSS reader is not as good as new posts search.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
My first DIY-3D camera, mechanically synchronized.
When the people showed me with this camera making photos, they used to ask me why two cameras? I used to answer: I make so good photos, then I need two of them, one to give away, and one for me.

View attachment 242306
I was commisioned to design a 3D /stereoscopic jig for video work about 10~12years ago. Its a whole lot more demanding when compared to photography as it required adjustments for pan/tilt/yaw and bifocal displacement. As different focusing distances and lens focal lengths required different settings for the 3D imaging to be optically representative of the human eye perception.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I was commisioned to design a 3D /stereoscopic jig for video work about 10~12years ago. Its a whole lot more demanding when compared to photography as it required adjustments for pan/tilt/yaw and bifocal displacement. As different focusing distances and lens focal lengths required different settings for the 3D imaging to be optically representative of the human eye perception.
Sounds complicated. Lotsa mechanical stuff?

maxxevv

Major Contributor
Sounds complicated. Lotsa mechanical stuff?
Yes, with lots of mini-motors to allow for programmable on-the fly adjustments.10 actually. 5 on each side of the stereo pair. I did the hardware interface. A partner company did the software controls.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, with lots of mini-motors to allow for programmable on-the fly adjustments.10 actually. 5 on each side of the stereo pair. I did the hardware interface. A partner company did the software controls.
That's what I was imagining a mechatronics feast for the experienced only. That would be fascinating.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
That's what I was imagining a mechatronics feast for the experienced only. That would be fascinating.
It was meant for the then trend of 3D video for broadcast uses. But it fizzled out before it got off the ground as the market didn't buy into the idea od 3D TVs. Its probably sitting in the storeroom somewhere of the company that commisioned the work. Fun work but very little money for all of that work though.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It was meant for the then trend of 3D video for broadcast uses. But it fizzled out before it got off the ground as the market didn't buy into the idea od 3D TVs. Its probably sitting in the storeroom somewhere of the company that commisioned the work. Fun work but very little money for all of that work though.
To be the developer and engineer of such a project would be a great experience. I'm sure you really stepped up and got it done and came out confident in yourself. That's what completing it would be.

TimF

Forum Donor
probably not pertinent.

That's what defines waste, pertinence.
Backyard.jpg

Top Bottom