• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Random Technical Picture Upload Thread

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Like looking forward to your jarred pears then tasting that ginger :D
You were supposed to take all of them in your luggage and relieve me from having to eat them!!!

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
You were supposed to take all of them in your luggage and relieve me from having to eat them!!!
Soz :D

I had a thought, they might be nice in a Asian salad.. still it's a ten gun salute for the pear, missing in action thought to have been killed by ginger:D

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Transparent Cable.png

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I post my graphs in .png so they are small. They look identical on my machine. However upon upload, even when I size them carefully they look a bit blurry with uneven color. So trying out some other graph uploads as a test.

First PNG.

twin tone sweep.png
twin tone sweep.png

Now as .jpg

twin tone sweep.jpg
twin tone sweep.jpg

Then as a .gif

twin tone sweep.gif

They still look yucky so the forum must compress them somehow.

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
They look fine if you don't enlarge your view ratio in the browser. Their DPI is too high so they look small then. What is the resolution of your desktop?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Looks fine here too (with 100% browser setting).

Some images will have a "click for full size" tag on them when posted if you have a small window set and the forum resizes the picture for immediate display.

Example:

upload_2017-11-8_4-38-50.png

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well I was a dummy. I have a large monitor and use 1980 x 1200 resolution. However I keep my browser set to 125% view. They do look just fine if I reduce them to 100%. The browser blowing them up above full resolution was the culprit. So all this time I didn't like my blurry images I suppose they looked okay to everyone else.

Top Bottom