• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Random Technical Picture Upload Thread

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
1688854012053.png

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@amirm, I finally figured out your thread's raison d'être. :)
May I ask if the posts need to be (or have to be related) to audio?
I have not been able to grasp how measurements (relating to fusion) are made to determine claims of how long the first "burning plasma" phase takes. Most claims are by inference and not directly measured (afaik); as with time-domain and frequency-domain notations that I (we?) are comfortable with. Duration numbers - such as 100 femto-seconds (e-15) is like discussing multi-trillion dollar deficits.:eek:
202307_RamanWhat01.jpg
and
202307_RamanWhat02.jpg

I am in a rabbit-hole and determined to get a small grasp of understanding before I gasp for air.

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
May I ask if the posts need to be (or have to be related) to audio?
In general, yes. We have expensive SSD storage for our server so costs money to keep all these bits alive for eternity. Wish other forums would allow for image upload so I wouldn't have to first store them here. But they don't.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
In general, yes. We have expensive SSD storage for our server so costs money to keep all these bits alive for eternity. Wish other forums would allow for image upload so I wouldn't have to first store them here. But they don't.
*.webp (weppy) is an open-source image file format developed by Google.
Created specifically for online images on websites and targeted at web developers...
Appears to have gotten a foot-hold as being a 'modern' format (re:*.jpeg, etc.) with better compression.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
*.webp (weppy) is an open-source image file format developed by Google.
Created specifically for online images on websites and targeted at web developers...
Appears to have gotten a foot-hold as being a 'modern' format (re:*.jpeg, etc.) with better compression.
... and a little more tedious to borrow ;)
Not impossible, just -- more tedious.
The SACD of graphics file formats, you know?

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Familiar graph but different lingo:
202309_HPSAcomparoPhaseNoise.jpg

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
2.18 Million Visits average over 3 months is incredible work Boss. That’s a lot of hearts and minds being changed right there. Exciting stuff to know that we are reaching such a large audience. Well done Sir. We are making a difference and we are doing so with honesty and integrity. Data driven facts and truth. That’s something I can embrace and feel proud about. :cool:

Last edited:

Speedskater

Major Contributor
It might be interesting to look at some forums visits from year to year. I recall a few forums being very active before the COVID lockdown and now are a shadow of their former activity.

Top Bottom