• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Racings Greatest Day

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
A great day for motorsports fans and the official beginning of summer.
Start the day with the F1 guys in Europe racing at Monaco
Then tune into the Indy 500, the most famous race in history.
Next round out with NASCAR's Longest Race, The 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway
We'll have to wait till next weekend for the BIG NOISE of the NHRA at Route 66 Dragaway in Chicago.

Or go out and take in some great local racing at a track near you.
God I love the summertime.

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Sure do miss Jim Nabors singing Back Home In Indiana.
Jim Cornelison for the second year in a row did a so-so rendition but it looks like he's being set up to take the job every year like Nabors did. Oh well, times change.

Speaking of change, I remember seeing the first live broadcast of the Indy 500 via closed circuit TV in 1964. An amazing thing in its time, it was beamed live via satellite to local theaters. I remember I had to save my money earned pumping gas at a local station for a long time to get the money. I just googled it and read the cost was $5, $40 in todays money. Hell I bought my first car, that year, a 1952 Ford for $15 with a blown radiator from a old man that limped it into the station steaming. My buddy and I took him home to get the title and I talked him into leaving the plates on the car. Sent the radiator out to get boiled and soldered and she was good to go. I was only 13 at the time, no license, nothing, and my old man never knew a thing till I told him many years later. He still wanted to kill me when I told him. LOL. When school started that year I was the only freshman in my High School driving his own car to school. Man I was getting the chicks. ;)
http://racing-reference.info/showblog?id=2557

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Danica makes her triumphant return to Indy racing.
And puts it in the wall all by herself at lap 69.
At least it was a good number to go out on. o_O

Top Bottom