• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RAAT vs Chromecast in roon, any real differences?

jpo

Hi guys, I have a CCA for my setup (with roon) and i'm really delighted with it (specially with price, ease of use and form factor), but i dont know if i'm missing something by not using a RAAT enabled device like the allo audio digione. Maybe a little enlightment can fix my FOMO here. Many thanks with your input.
@amirm, do you have any insight here? thank you very much!

Last edited:

firedog

If you are delighted with it you aren't missing anything.
Some people prefer devices like the Allo for more features/software possibilities or b/c they think it gives better SQ.

If you really want to try another type of device, then get a Raspberry Pi 3 or Pi 4 in a nice case and give it a try instead of the CCA. It will cost you well under $100 bucks and give you all the possibilities of an Allo. It doesn't have the "audiophile" upgrades. You can decide if those are necessary.

A Pi running as a Roon endpoint may work slightly better than your CCA and it adds some possibilities the CCA can't. RAAT is a better protocol; it may make a slight improvement in stability, etc. on your network.

Reactions: jpo
Top Bottom