• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

R.I.P. Meat Loaf

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
One of the anthems of my younger years, along with about 70 million others...Paradise by the Dashboard Light.

Rick "so now I'm praying for the end of time to hurry and arrive..." Denney
I just hope I go in my sleep. :D No drama, no pain, no ambulance. etc etc.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Meat Loaf was quite the performer. Bat Out Of Hell remains the 4th best selling album of all time. Unfortunately his denial of science did him in. Sad.

Martin

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
repost:
R.I.P. Meat Loaf - We will always love you and someday, they may just give you the recognition you own and deserve.
IMHO >> Making October 18th YOUR day would be more appropriate than naming it for some meat-byproduct.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I just hope I go in my sleep. :D No drama, no pain, no ambulance. etc etc.
This is it.:facepalm:
I'd rather go on the 'high way' that Rockefeller did!

andrewjohn007

Forum Donor
Sad, another rock legend gone. Dude just had a way about him. He was also a damn good actor.
R.I.P Meat. If there is a heaven above, the angels just received a new lead singer.
His name was Robert Paulson...

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
His name was Robert Paulson...
Whose name?
Meat Loaf (born Marvin Lee Aday; September 27, 1947 – January 20, 2022) << per wikipedia and wsj

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Whose name?
Meat Loaf (born Marvin Lee Aday; September 27, 1947 – January 20, 2022) << per wikipedia and wsj

It's a 'Fight Club' thing...

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Wish i had seen him live. Iam sure he could be a package of dynamite, if he felt he had to be.

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
He came after my time with rock n roll was over. But I understand the sentiment. From a distance, and from what I sort of gathered, he reminded me of Leslie West... both men with a lot of musical energy and drive, but both with serious issues that impacted their health negatively. Causing them to leave at a relatively early age. With a lot of these genre musicians, it goes with the territory.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Leslie West
Oh My!
I guess I am not the only one that remembers LeslieWest. But then again, not too many people remember Mountain (JackBruce/CorkyLaing/FelixPappalardi).
Probably around mid-70s, in NY metropolitan area, when WNEW-FM radio first aired "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights", bunch of us were cruising in a '63 Valiant.
Those days were a little foggy 'paradise' [wink, wink] behind our dashboard, for us teens. In the next 6, months we probably saw MeatLoaf about 5 times, NYC/NJ/L.I./OH. We'd always be crashing to the SRO sections as our own little mischief in concerts. The West Orange, NJ concert was our first live event. Ellen Foley (she is 71 now) and MeatLoaf were near x-rated on stage, especially if you happened to be standing right below the stage.
Jim Steinman should also get much credit and a big R.I.P. to him as well (circa April 2021).

Top Bottom