• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Quotable Quotes

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Sometimes somebody says something that catches my eye.

If that happens to you, put it here...

OP
RayDunzl

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
"I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
"Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best."
- St. Jerome

Last edited:

Wombat

Master Contributor
"There are too many dangerous amateurs on the internet". o_O - from a DIY audio forum post.

And even more who haven't reached amateur status yet.

Last edited:

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
"It is bad enough that so many people believe things without any evidence. What is worse is that some people have no conception of evidence and regard facts as just someone else’s opinion. " - Thomas Sowell

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it. " - Upton Sinclair

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Those capable of making good converters and solid state electronics, do.
Those not capable of making good sounding solid state power amps, make tube amplifiers.
Those not capable of making tube amplifiers, make loudspeakers.
Those not capable of making loudspeakers, make cables.
Those not capable of making cables, sell rocks said to dramatically improve sound.

- Bruno Putzeys

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
'Those, who favor tube amplifiers, should be put on an electric chair powered by tubes, to enjoy that "warm, tubey" feeling.' (c) forums

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
"You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think"
Dorothy Parker (one of many of her witty quotes )
You mean Dorothy 'whose ashes are these, anyhow' Parker? She was obviously talking about herself. I didn't think she had that much insight. LOL

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
  • "I’m not arguing. I’m explaining why I’m right."
  • "I don't do magic, Morty; I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eyeliner."
  • "If you spend all day shuffling words around, you can make anything sound bad."
- All quotes from the "real" Rick Sanchez of "Rick & Morty"

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Why can't I be different and original... like everybody else? --Viv Stanshall--

They don't think it be like it is. But it do. --Oscar Gamble--

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
“Ambition without knowledge is like a boat on dry land.”
- Karate Kid

“I wish there was a way to know you're in "the good old days", before you've actually left them.” - The Office (US)

"Pride is not the opposite of shame, but it’s source. True humility is the only antidote for shame.”
&
”If you look for the light, you can often find it. But if you look for the dark, that is all you will ever see.”

"Religion, ideology, resources, land, spite, love or just because… No matter how pathetic the reason, it’s enough to start war. War will never cease to exist… reasons can be thought up after the fact… Human nature pursues strife."
- Naruto Shippuden

"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life"
- Star Trek TNG

"That's one of the remarkable things about life. It's never so bad that it can't get worse."
- Calvin & Hobbes

”Stick and stones may break your bones, but words will leave emotional scars that will never heal.“
- The Fairly OddParents

"I'm heading home to have myself a juice, snuggle with my blankie, and go nap nap."
- Rugrats

Last edited:
Top Bottom