• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Quiet power amp with power and balanced in

gasolin75

Addicted to Fun and Learning
First power amp from nedis (pa amp) had lot's of fan noise, sounded good and had more power than any dirt cheap class d and a/b amp, disabled the fan (never got hot) and i could hear some hum and somtime i would have pop noise when turning it on/off (have returned it).

IMG STAGE LINE STA-400D had some good reviews and the hypex module, that is top of the line class d together with ice power and pascal class d amps

The special thing about the amp is that the fans only turns on above 85c and yes it is very quiet but not enough, sometimes it sounds like the fans are spinning slowly although im shure the amp is not above 85c and some weak electrical noise (not always)

I use a hifi isotek power mains and balanced cable from my pc to my dac, to my behringer monitor controller (new) and to my amp (new), it's all balanced.

Besides the fan (im not afraid of disabling it, since most amps only using them playing loud for hours in the summer or in a hot room), i want something that is noise free, no hum,no high pitched sound,no electrical noise, something that sounds good and have alot of power, im going for a pa power amp since no cheap hifi power amps have power (above 2x100 watt in 8 ohm,) and don't have balanced in.

Im going for something cheap, around 300 euros, i payed 314 euros for my IMG STAGE LINE STA-400D on amazon.de

Is it possible to get a noise free power amp with power and balanced in that sounds good for around 300 euros ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom