• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Quiescent technologies

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
What do you guys think of this?

https://quiescent-technologies.com/collections/peak-speaker-connection-system

This was of particular interest/amusement/outrage
FA1F98DF-CC27-4277-AD95-CC3F9F67F0F0.png

Can we measure the effectiveness of this kind of thing, it would be a service to folk if we could properly uncover their usefulness (or lack of).

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I think they should have called the company ‘ tumescent’ which would have aroused more interest.
Keith

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Oh dear. Name is apt. Essentially sitting there doing nothing.

You do get a custom built flight case with a pair however.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What do you guys think of this?

https://quiescent-technologies.com/collections/peak-speaker-connection-system

This was of particular interest/amusement/outrage
View attachment 13750

Can we measure the effectiveness of this kind of thing, it would be a service to folk if we could properly uncover their usefulness (or lack of).

Can't be that good. The Transparent Audio XL Gen 5 speaker is 4 times better as it should be at 4 times the price ... about $16K though ... My next speaker cable .....
NOT :D

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
We need help with the science. Quick, contact your nearest consultant Thomas.

Be sure and ask if it has Nordic dirt on the inside.

Quoting from the other page:
our engineers build up the complex acoustic labyrinths and RF/EMI absorption techniques by hand. This process requires many stages, plus long curing times, before final assembly can be completed and the modules packed ready for shipping.

And this:

But in their own right they are a formidable speaker cable. Employing solid-core pure silver conductors in a loose-sleeve Teflon tube they have very low dielectric absorption. The conductors and their Teflon tubes are then encased in a proprietary EMI absorption tubing that significantly lowers RFI within the cable by absorption – this is far superior to screening which reflects noise back into the cable and adds noise to your system grounds. And finally the product is sleeved in ABS acoustically absorbent outer braiding which significantly lowers the cables ability to be contaminated by (and conduct) unwanted acoustic energy.

And more:

The reduction of vibration in the amp-speaker chain significantly improves

• bass and timing,
  • the momentum of the music
  • ability to scale up without losing control.
  • imaging which remains noticeably more stable with complex recordings
  • the width of the soundstage

Best of all is you can use these to upgrade other brands of speaker cable. How nice. That means I can take out a second, and later a third mortgage as I upgrade my way to audio nirvana. Neat and user friendly no doubt.

Maybe we can measure the effect of acoustic feedback and vibration on speaker cable as a start. Then substitute one of these and re-measure.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1..._Peak_review_Jun_2018.pdf?3874839574235624868

This is entertaining too. I like how the ceramic material drains vibration from the speaker cable preventing it from reaching the speaker.

And here I thought it likely that a big old box would capture more acoustic energy than a limp speaker wire connected to it would carry. Well now I know better.

Based upon military EMI/RFI tech. I suppose the shape is vaguely reminiscent of the fuselage of a stealth fighter. Chop off the wings and tail, add some cable connectors and you have nearly the same shape.

F-117%20stealth%205%20July%202016.jpg

OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1..._Peak_review_Jun_2018.pdf?3874839574235624868

This is entertaining too. I like how the ceramic material drains vibration from the speaker cable preventing it from reaching the speaker.

And here I thought it likely that a big old box would capture more acoustic energy than a limp speaker wire connected to it would carry. Well now I know better.

Based upon military EMI/RFI tech. I suppose the shape is vaguely reminiscent of the fuselage of a stealth fighter. Chop off the wings and tail, add some cable connectors and you have nearly the same shape.

F-117%20stealth%205%20July%202016.jpg
Stealth fighters just look so cool, it’s like the cooler it looks the less likely it will show up on radar...( is that how the science works?)

Andy Chapman

It's easy to be sceptical about something new and not understood. However, I'm not sure the principles behind these types of product should be dismissed quite so quickly. Viz:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1870/2705/files/HiFi_Critic_Peak_review_Jun_2018.pdf
When you've upgraded every digital and analogue cable, your equipment stands, room correction, bass traps and everything you can possibly think of, is there anything more that can be improved?
Some reading here (10 parts):
https://quiescent-technologies.com/...-blogs-by-steve-elford-part-1-an-introduction
Despite being a complete snake oil sceptic, I was lent review samples of some Quiescent mains and CAT6 cabling and equipment supports. Now, eating humble pie, I have to admit there is more to this technology than I thought.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I was lent review samples of some Quiescent mains and CAT6 cabling and equipment supports. Now, eating humble pie, I have to admit there is more to this technology than I thought.

How so?
How did you go about comparing things? Any kind of controlled listening process, or simply your impressions after switching things around?

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Stealth fighters just look so cool, it’s like the cooler it looks the less likely it will show up on radar...( is that how the science works?)

Unfortunately for this manf. they are a generation behind on their stealth tech.

OTOH, the final phrase is correct - the shape does "break down" acoustic energy. Any shape would.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I cant talk. I just bought a "special " glass for drinking beer.

It didn't cost £4000 (woohoo)
It doesn't look like a stealth fighter (with or without wings) -boo
I think it makes me look sophisticated.

On the grounds that this black box can neither hold my beer or make me look sophisticated, I'm comfortable my special beer glass is better than this.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Does the shape "break down" beer energy?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Does the shape "break down" beer energy?

Amplifies it! I'd say it probably adds about 0.1 to 0.3 % abv and some extra zing to the hoppy end. But then I have exceptional tastebuds

Reactions: Wes

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Beer science....

IIRC, the principle of using a cloud chamber to observer particle interactions was discovered by a couple of physicists staring into a beer mug.

May not beat the benzene ring dance dream for trippy-ness but still...

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Beer science....

IIRC, the principle of using a cloud chamber to observer particle interactions was discovered by a couple of physicists staring into a beer mug.

May not beat the benzene ring dance dream for trippy-ness but still...
This isnt getting your Dump Sums ordered.

Top Bottom