• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Quick question -- Does F228Be really equal Studio 2 in bass performance?

MarcT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Question for those of you with Studio 2 listening experience and knowledge of measurements. My question is with respect to bass extension, impact, attack, and articulation. I'm looking for as "big" and "open" of a sound with full symphony as I can get, with the least dynamic compression.

What about power handling? I run a Krell FPB 400cx, which is supposed to output 400/800/1600 wpc into 8/4/2 ohms. And, as this system is in my family room, I don't have much room for a sub, certainly not multiple subs. Hence, my question. Thanks much for any input.

vavan

OP
MarcT

MarcT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
I preferred the Studio2 to the F228Be in side-by-side comparison. It was not so much that the F228Be had less bass but that it was a bit more forward than the Studio2 in the upper mid-range. That subtly affected preferred level preference and, consequently, balance. As for extension, the Studios (1 and 2) just seem to match well to my room in the very low end (although I am adding subs anyway) and more so than many other speakers, including the F228Be.

Top Bottom