• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Quick measurements of dbx DriveRack PA2 speaker management system

ol_mcdonald

I have an issue equalizing with the dbx. I bought a better microphone (beyerdinamics), but the TARGET curve is not flat, its steeper in the left side so the eq enhances the low bass region according to this line. Is there a way to set the target? So I can make it as flat as posible?
DBX makes a mic for that unit. If you want to go down the rabbit hole with REW buy the recommended mic, of which there is a new version.

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have an issue equalizing with the dbx. I bought a better microphone (beyerdinamics), but the TARGET curve is not flat, its steeper in the left side so the eq enhances the low bass region according to this line. Is there a way to set the target? So I can make it as flat as posible?
When you say it's steeper on the left side, is it a flat line that's just tilted down, or is there a curve that increases bass compared to other frequencies? A down-titled straight line is actually what you'd want from a measured speaker curve near the listening position, usually around 10dB down from 20Hz to 20kHz.

Top Bottom