• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Questions - Basics of Note 2i with Amazon Music

12Many

I have some quick questions to make sure I am not missing something. I received and hooked up a pre-owned Node 2i to try instead of a desktop. Easy install and set up with the app. Although I plan on migrating to Qobuz, I wanted to give it a try with my Amazon Music library and account. Streaming over airplay was easy enough, either in Itunes or Amazon, but as expected the rate is limited to 44.1 kHz.

Using the Amazon service within the BlueOS app was a bit disappointing although higher sampling rates were passed. Is this just the way it is right now or am I missing something?
1. Changing songs is slow - several seconds delay when changing songs?
2. Limited functionality within the App, such as can't add songs to a playlist, limited info when searching, very small artwork, not much if any in the way of view album songs . . ..

Do users who use Qobuz find the interface to be better with Qobus?

Thanks.

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have some quick questions to make sure I am not missing something. I received and hooked up a pre-owned Node 2i to try instead of a desktop. Easy install and set up with the app. Although I plan on migrating to Qobuz, I wanted to give it a try with my Amazon Music library and account. Streaming over airplay was easy enough, either in Itunes or Amazon, but as expected the rate is limited to 44.1 kHz.

Using the Amazon service within the BlueOS app was a bit disappointing although higher sampling rates were passed. Is this just the way it is right now or am I missing something?
1. Changing songs is slow - several seconds delay when changing songs?
2. Limited functionality within the App, such as can't add songs to a playlist, limited info when searching, very small artwork, not much if any in the way of view album songs . . ..

Do users who use Qobuz find the interface to be better with Qobus?

Thanks.
My response will be limited in usefulness as I own the newer Node, but I found the implementation of Amazon Music to be by far the worst among the major streaming services available on the Node. Qobuz, Deezer, Spotify and Tidal were all substantially better when I tried the trial subscriptions. So I went with Qobuz. Really excellent interface.

Idagio is another matter, but their available catalog makes it worth it, for me, for listening to classical.

Top Bottom