• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Questions about sub KEF Q400b

Zeppelin

Hi people. I am deciding for a 2.1 setup in the medium range (probbably the low range for most user here), and considered this subwoofer, for some reasons.

One is because I can only think about a second-hand decent subwoofer. Spending more than 200€ in a new one is not an option. 160€ I think it is a good price for this subwoofer.

Another reason is because I have a small room (12 square metters on a rectangular room), and as the subwoofer comes on a sealed box it seems it shoud be easier than one with bass-reflex to position it well. In the photo I share here, see the shiny grey box on the floor? There is where the subwoofer should go:

IMG_20230312_020654.jpg

AFAIK, in this small room I couldn't place any subwoofer bigger than 10" without having bass problems if it has bass reflex, so it seems to me the 10" sealed box subwoofer could be a good option.

The setup will be this room, the KEF Q400b, an Aiyima 08 PRO as amplifier and bluetooth APTX receiver and (probably) a pair of second hand Polkaudio r15 (80€)

Why do you think about the choosings? An you can see, the economic possibilities aren't very huge, but my seek of advice here is 1)What do you think of this subwoofer and where it have to be placed, and 2) if you think the combination of those elements would have a good result.

The setup is mostly for music, many kinds of. I don't watch movies or series.

Looking forward for your opinions before I purchase any speaker.

By the way, tomorrow I will PRINT the post about subwoofers pinned in this subforum and read it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom