• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Questions about MQA

JRS

Major Contributor
One last related item: Dr Waldrep allows you to sample the music done during the test and add your results to the data base. Something like 20 tunes. Just need to personally request them here: https://www.realhd-audio.com/?page_id=60
And apologies in advance if this is old news and elsewhere on this site.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Mark Waldrep is great, his blog is always worth reading and he combines objectivity with passion very well. He knows his stuff, it demonstrated real integrity for him to accept the findings of his study as he was a cheerleader for high-res music.

bhobba

Having invested steeply it's most certain that the improvement I hear in 24/192 and up are purely imagined. I read so much flat out hostility towards MQA that even tho' I may be its only supporter the fact is the background is quieter allowing for a more transparent presentation. It's very simple to test for yourself. Listen in 16/44 flac and then the same track in 24/192 MQA and if you can't hear a difference then you're right. I can and I pay the extra for it monthly.

I like it too. But this forum, by its very name, requires more than that. It's okay for the buying decisions you and I make - but science is more than that.

Thanks
Bill

steve59

Major Contributor
You listen to music at 120db peaks?

Perhaps you have a flawed DAC.
My system is in my sig. I have added a pre box s2 digital that doesn't seem to be flawed. Maybe my room/system is quiet enough that I don't need to crank it up to 120 db. My dsp 8000se will upsample and I can't hear any benefit from their mhr 88khz and to be clear quality of recordings makes the biggest audible difference to me still. Hi rez by its name is misleading because I think the name suggests another layer of detail while it only offers a blacker background and maybe the difference is so small it takes a dedicated music studio packed with 6 figures worth of equipment and treatment to hear.

Top Bottom