• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Question:Upgrading from A30/D30 Pro

kryptk

I've purchased HD800s and currently using the Topping A30 and D30 Pro combo, would there be any noticeable difference changing to Topping L70 and E70V or are they still considered transparent sound wise so no real world difference?

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have that stack and two Topping a90 amps but I use the a30/d30pro daily since I tested them side by side for days and didn't notice on amp sounding any better even volume matching on the same setup.
The optical sounds best with a completely silent noise floor. I used the Hifiman he6se for comparing and didn't notice a difference. Having full power from all connections is the best, no more cable shopping or running out of volume equalizing the 600ohm Beyerdynamics.
Filter 2 and optical cable, as good as it gets.

OP
K

kryptk

Thought that might be the case. I do prefer the look of the L70/E70 set over A30/D30 but to justify it for cosmetic purposes is a bit crazy.

So far the biggest change has been changing from DT1990 to HD800S.

Top Bottom