• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

[Question] Streamer round-up help

Laagman

I'm new to this forum, but I come here sometimes to see the excellent reviews by Amir.

Currently I want to upgrade my Yamaha WXAD-10 streamer. My setup has always been vinyl first, but I like the ease of streaming music with Tidal or Spotify sometimes. I'm using my Yamaha WXAD-10 with an Elicit-R amplifier and Wharfedale Linton Heritage speakers. I've got the idea that the WXAD-10 is the weakest link in my current setup.

I'm considering the following options:
  • Okto Dac8 Stereo with RPI or Chromecast Audio
  • Audiolab Play 6000N
  • Bluesound NODE 2i
  • Cambridge Audio CXN V2
For me sound quality goes above ease of use. Though I must be able to stream Tidal or Spotify to the speakers and my girlfriend with less technical knowledge must be able to do the same. My girlfriend only uses Spotify, so as far as I know al those systems support Spotify connect? Though the Okto with a RPI ofcourse requires some setting up.

When money is not a problem, which of these options will deliver an audible difference? And will it be better than just sticking with the WXAD-10 when I'm only using it for Tidal and Spotify?

OP
L

Laagman

Okay so I went a different route. Looking through all measurements on ASR, I went for the JD Labs El Dac 2 (b stock so 50 dollar cheaper) and going to combine it with my Chromecast Audio for now.

Top Bottom