• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Question regarding Hifiman 4xx

Ruci

Hi and thanks for an awesome forum!

I've got some questions to my fellow 4xx owners.

Yesterday I got my new 4xx delivered. The first thing I noticed was that one of the headbandsliders was a lot looser then the other and had problem staying in place. Upon inspection I also noticed that the same one have white plastic inside the which to me looks weird (attaching pictures).

So to my questions.
Are the plastic holding the headband also white on one side on your headphones?
Do you also have any problem with the sliders staying in place?

Best regards and thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20191027_103250.jpg
    20191027_103250.jpg
    813 KB · Views: 136
  • 20191027_103302.jpg
    20191027_103302.jpg
    888.4 KB · Views: 139

Fluffy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Sold mine so I can't look right now. But I don't remember having problems with the sliders being loose – in fact, they were too tight and hard to adjust. I don't remember any white plastic though. You might have a defected unit, maybe best contacting Massdrop to ask for a replacement.

OP
R

Ruci

Sold mine so I can't look right now. But I don't remember having problems with the sliders being loose – in fact, they were too tight and hard to adjust. I don't remember any white plastic though. You might have a defected unit, maybe best contacting Massdrop to ask for a replacement.

Thanks Fluffy for your response :)
Will contact Massdrop later today and see what they say.

rubley00

Just got mine the other day, and my coworker got a pair too. The piece that is white on yours is black on ours. And we have no issues with looseness in the adjustment.

AnalogDE

Forum Donor
Mines is the same. White on the left side, black on the right. Don't have any issues with the sliders staying in place, though they are a little bit loose.

OP
R

Ruci

Mines is the same. White on the left side, black on the right. Don't have any issues with the sliders staying in place, though they are a little bit loose.

Well I think it clear that something has gone wrong in production. It could be a lot worse but still annoying :p

I contacted their support with the same pictures and just asked if it was intended.
Got a partial refund and I guess I had the option to replace them.

AnalogDE

Forum Donor
Well I think it clear that something has gone wrong in production. It could be a lot worse but still annoying :p

I contacted their support with the same pictures and just asked if it was intended.
Got a partial refund and I guess I had the option to replace them.

Get it replaced if it's really bugging you. Mines OK so far -- <crossing fingers>

Top Bottom