• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Question regarding Audyssey behavior above frequency cutoff

Jpert

All,
I'm scratching my head on this one and I'm hoping there's a simple solution that I'm overlooking. I'm trying to understand what is happening to my frequency response (and why) with Audyssey employed using the MultiEQ editor app w/ a frequency cutoff of 300 Hz. My understanding (and assumption) is no changes should be made above ~300 Hz when Audyssey is active; however, I'm measuring what appears to be a downward slope applied above bass frequencies (Stereo/Multi-Channel modes) when compared to measurements in Pure Direct (see REW capture using psychoacoustic smoothing). Also curious is the same downward slope is applied using Audyssey L/R bypass mode, which makes me wonder if it is more of a Denon setting/issue (AVR-A110). I only captured the left channel for simplicity, but this is true for the right channel as well. Is there a setting that I'm missing that is causing this? My AVR has a "Cinema EQ", which is turned off. Thanks!

Attachments

• L channel comparison.jpg
    L channel comparison.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 56
Top Bottom