• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Question on Fostex TH900MK2

waters_jim

Where can I find cheaper cable alternatives (both 1/4" and 4-pin XLR) for Fostex TH900MK2, Klipsch HP-3 and Audeze LCD-2?

I already have the "fancy" SE and XLR cables for TH900 and "fancy" XLR for Audeze LCD-2, but I'm interested in very well-made but not silly-priced alternatives. The TH900 cables are ridiculously long anyway, not convenient at all.

The cables for TH900 and LCD-2 were very expensive; I got them a long time ago. The Klipsch HP-3 XLR cable is also very expensive so I haven't bought it.

My understanding is all 3 headphones have individual proprietary connectors.

staticV3

Master Contributor
The Fostex TH900MK2 connector looks very similar to the one used for the HD600/650. If they're the same, then you can buy HD650 cables on AliExpress for around $40. Like this one or this more premium one

The HP-3 seems to be using standard 3.5mm (TS pinout?) connectors, so something like this should be compatible.

Here's an XLR cable for the LCD-2. There are many more like it. Simply search for "lcd-2 xlr cable" and sort by orders.

Top Bottom