• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Question Concerning Isolation Audio Platform - Butcher Block Acoustics

I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with the company Butcher Block Acoustics? I have a meager system compared to most, however, I also have kids and carpet and wanted to pick up something to help smooth out my Pro-ject record player from the constant barrage of jolts, minor earthquakes as the dog runs from the kids, you know, that kind of stuff. I'm probably making it out to be worse than what I'm writing here but figured somebody has to have picked these up, then look nice. If I go deaf I can always sand down and repurpose as a real butcher block, hehehe.

Butcher Block Acoustics

Then I saw the racks they build, holy crap, I'm more impressed with the audio equipment in each of these pics, let alone the actual companies wood racks that seem pretty damn solid. These must help out with vinyl sound, although I'm not sure why some people place their amps, DACs, etc...on these blocks on top of the racks, seems a bit redundant?

Butcher Block Acoustics Examples

Any ways, any info on these items benefits would be great, thanks for your time everyone.

Last edited:

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I also have kids and carpet and wanted to pick up something to help smooth out my Pro-ject record player from the constant barrage of jolts, minor earthquakes as the dog runs from the kids, you know, that kind of stuff.

Some nice looking racks for sure.

Have you looked into wall stud mounted platforms? Gets it off the floor completely.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with the company Butcher Block Acoustics? I have a meager system compared to most, however, I also have kids and carpet and wanted to pick up something to help smooth out my Pro-ject record player from the constant barrage of jolts, minor earthquakes as the dog runs from the kids, you know, that kind of stuff. I'm probably making it out to be worse than what I'm writing here but figured somebody has to have picked these up, then look nice. If I go deaf I can always sand down and repurpose as a real butcher block, hehehe.

Butcher Block Acoustics

Then I saw the racks they build, holy crap, I'm more impressed with the audio equipment in each of these pics, let alone the actual companies wood racks that seem pretty damn solid. These must help out with vinyl sound, although I'm not sure why some people place their amps, DACs, etc...on these blocks on top of the racks, seems a bit redundant?

Butcher Block Acoustics Examples

Any ways, any info on these items benefits would be great, thanks for your time everyone.

Lovely looking stands! Absolutely gorgeous designs.

Vibration is a thing for sure. Both in amplifiers, preamplifiers, CD players, tuners and TTs etc. A good solid rack/stand with room to grow your system, is a great investment.

Hipper

Addicted to Fun and Learning
To be quite frank, if you have herds of children running around on floors that are less then solid (wooden floors say) you will always have issues of movement where your gear is. Even if you place your turntable on a wall shelf, movement of the floor may well travel up the wall although it will be less pronounced. This bouncing of the floor will also affect the speakers. The only way to stop this is to isolate the children!

These anti-vibration products (spikes, feet, blocks, sheets etc.) aren't designed to deal with that, more to control what are called 'seismic vibrations' from getting into your equipment's sensitive parts (usually the moving parts - turntable or CD drives), or perhaps internal vibrations from getting out and affecting other gear.

https://www.gcaudio.com/tips-tricks/a-brief-survey-of-isolation-devices/

http://www.barrydiamentaudio.com/vibration.htm

OP
Sheepadoodling
I ended up buying the Butcher Block Acoustics 3" Walnut version for 20% off during their sale, which is still happening right now. Also picked up the Snaplock Level-it Feet. It has helped quite a bit with the dog and kids running around
IMG_8303.JPG

Top Bottom