• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

(Question) Can the khadas tone board be used with phone?

LeftWing

Regarding the generic version.
I'm looking to buy the khadas tone board and I will be using my phone as an audio souce but since the tone board doesn't have a power input and it relies only on the USB port , will my phone be enough to power the tone board as well as output audio signal to it?will it drain my battery?

Or does it require an extra powered hub or something to work?
Also I have a few dsd files and 192khz files on my phone, but the khadas website says it only supports 44.1 khz from Android device so if I use some other audio player like hiby/neutron/poweamp/USB audio player will it work for dsd or >44.1 khz files?

Roen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I can tell you in a month when mine comes in.

Nango

Major Contributor
Only when your phone is OTG featured, using an OTG cable, yes. And it drains off your phone battery by small 25 mA, if I remember well.

DeadmAn

Only when your phone is OTG featured, using an OTG cable, yes. And it drains off your phone battery by small 25 mA, if I remember well.
so if I just simply use a lightning to usb-c cable to connect the iphone with KTB, it won't work?

DeadmAn

Top Bottom