• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Question about speaker stands

ralphf

Hello, I just purchased Genelec 8030CPM speakers and was wondering if anyone here had a recommendation for a speaker stand. Also, what would an idea height be for placement? Thanks.

OP
R

ralphf

On the ground. Unfortunately don't have enough room on the TV stand.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
ideal height for placement is eye level

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi.

I wouldn’t call these Monoprice 23 inch stands “expensive “ at $60/pair
1620943459287.jpeg

Midwest Blade

Proper height, stability and wire management are all key, I think the Genelec stands make sense. They seems more practical then stylish.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
The Genelec stands aren't much more...

Genelec Z8000-409B Floor Stand – Thomann UK

Adding the flat adapters on top so you can still use the isopod stands the monitors come with doesn't add that much to the cost.
I don't find those Genelec poles something I'd find as ideal when it comes to rigidity.
Monoprice offers some much better stands with either 2 or 4 pillars supporting the top plate.
If a speaker stand holds any importance as to sound quality it would be in the area of keeping the speaker still and not letting the woofers pressurization of the air move the speaker and modulate its output.

Top Bottom