• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Question about measurements

Jugsy

Hello all, this is my first post in the forum. I have a DAC question related to measurements. I have been reading reviews on a number of DACS and the reviewers always seem to comment on a DAC's soundstage width, depth and height. They make comments about a DAC having a 3d soundstage or upfront 2D soundstage, etc..... First, are these things attributable to the DAC being listened to or the actual music file ? Is soundstage width and dept something that can be seen in the actual DAC measurements or is this more of a subjective thing that can differ with each listener ?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Opinion:

Having two sets of speakers in the same room driven by the same DAC that create different depth., width, and, therefore, soundstage...

I will venture that those attributes are more an interaction of the speaker, room, and imagination.

Also, having more than one DAC here, the differences between them are rather subtle compared to the difference between speakers.

Top Bottom