• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Question about importing Amir's filters: Rephase into DSP for Volumio

xarkkon

So Amir's latest Sony post, sweetchaos's PEQ compilation, and doodski's EQ software compilation has finally gotten me down to figuring out EQ for my Volumio/Hifiberry headphone setup.

I'm absolutely clueless at all of this and am trying to figure things out as I go along. Can I check if i'm doing things correctly by doing the following:

1. No need to create any measurements or parameters from REW / Equal APO etc, I can just rely on rephase entirely since the filter settings are all available here
2. Preamp gain goes into General > Output settings
3. Filter settings go into Paragraphic Gain EQ, where I can choose 1 single "EQ type" to apply across to all bands
4. I can then click generate to create the impulse file to put into my volumio DSP

Is the above correct?

Also, can rephase allow me some bands with shelving and others with peak/dip? I can't seem to find any such option as choosing shelving seems to apply to everything.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

rkbates

Forum Donor
So Amir's latest Sony post, sweetchaos's PEQ compilation, and doodski's EQ software compilation has finally gotten me down to figuring out EQ for my Volumio/Hifiberry headphone setup.

I'm absolutely clueless at all of this and am trying to figure things out as I go along. Can I check if i'm doing things correctly by doing the following:

1. No need to create any measurements or parameters from REW / Equal APO etc, I can just rely on rephase entirely since the filter settings are all available here
2. Preamp gain goes into General > Output settings
3. Filter settings go into Paragraphic Gain EQ, where I can choose 1 single "EQ type" to apply across to all bands
4. I can then click generate to create the impulse file to put into my volumio DSP

Is the above correct?

Also, can rephase allow me some bands with shelving and others with peak/dip? I can't seem to find any such option as choosing shelving seems to apply to everything.

Thanks in advance!
1. Correct
2. Correct
3. Almost correct. You can have multiple 'banks'. This allows you to add in a mix of filter types ie low shelf + high shelf etc. Each bank has to be the same type
1611127220893.png

4. Correct. Generate a txt file and just dump it in the correct directory.

OP
xarkkon

xarkkon

1. Correct
2. Correct
3. Almost correct. You can have multiple 'banks'. This allows you to add in a mix of filter types ie low shelf + high shelf etc. Each bank has to be the same type
View attachment 107342
4. Correct. Generate a txt file and just dump it in the correct directory.
Awesome! Thank you so much @rkbates! Silly me didn't realise what the banks were.

Can't wait to play with this!

Top Bottom