• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

question about if some dt 880 headphones would be better with a jds atom amp or a jds element

Kaitlyn

hi everyone!! hope u r all having a rly nice easter!
im rly new to this forum and i have a question but im not totally sure if this is the proper place to ask sry?
but anyways i was hoping someone could help me know if i should buy either a jds atom amp or a jds element?
i have some dt 880 headphones my sister gave me for free which they r 600ohm ones but i need an amp as my laptop wont be able to play them
so basically i can buy a jds atom amp or a jds element both at around the same price they r second hand and from 2 difs ppl
my sister also already gave me a topping d10s dac as well
so i was wondering if the amp part of the jds element is better or worse than just the jds atom which is i think only just a amp?
from pics i can tell that its the old jds element with only 2 rca spots on it, so can i plug my topping D10s into it or r they only for speakers or something else?
like can i just use the amp portion of the jds element and connect it up to my topping D10s?
and lastly would anyone be able to tell me if these will be okay to play my dt 880 headphones?
im rly sry if my questions r bad or this is the wrong place to ask sry and im rly new to a lot of these items so yeh
anyways tysm to anyone who maybe could help me or give any advice!

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The atom amp will be fine.

VMAT4

Forum Donor
But then the Element gives you a one box solution. Which is less messy.

OP
Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn

mm thats a rly good point
cos they r both around the same price for me to buy which would u prolly get?
like is the jds atom amp better for my headphones?
cos maybe if i got the jds element i could give my topping d10s to someone else and just have like one thing on my desk?
but im glad to know that at least the jds atom amp will work tho ty heaps for letting me know that!

VMAT4

Forum Donor
mm thats a rly good point
cos they r both around the same price for me to buy which would u prolly get?
like is the jds atom amp better for my headphones?
cos maybe if i got the jds element i could give my topping d10s to someone else and just have like one thing on my desk?
but im glad to know that at least the jds atom amp will work tho ty heaps for letting me know that!

I'd get the Element. I'm into the AIO solution.

VMAT4

Forum Donor
All-In-One

VMAT4

Forum Donor
BTW don't listen loud. Save your ears.

OP
Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn

oh! haha yep
if i put them in my laptop its super quiet even on the highest it goes but when i get a amp ill make sure to start on a super low volume then only turn it up in little bits tho :p

Top Bottom