• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Question about Early Reflections / PIR

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My C208 center channel actual measurement has one notable difference from the PIR and that is the hump from around 1200-2800hz. This doesn't show up in the PIR. I was looking at the early reflections and they show ceiling reflections bring down the hump in the on axis frequency response. I have 3 large 4 inch absorbers on the ceiling (with a 2 inch air gap) which pretty much kills ceiling reflections. Would killing this reflection actually cause the hump in my in in room measurements? I have EQ'd it out both manually and with Dirac and it does seem to sound better removing it but curious if that is the cause.

1642895854444.png
Revel C208 Measurements early window Frequency Response Center Speaker.png

Attachments

• Revel C208 Measurements Predicted In-room Frequency Response Center Speaker.png
    Revel C208 Measurements Predicted In-room Frequency Response Center Speaker.png
    15 KB · Views: 46

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
The ratios used are a statistical average. So surely actual rooms vary. As to eliminating ceiling reflections, how dead is the room as is? If it is too dead, I would remove them. Otherwise, they may be fine as they are.

Top Bottom