• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Question about display on SMSL Sanskrit 10th mk ii

bebopdeluxe

Hello there - I askerd this in another thread, but I would like to make this a specific question to the board. I just got the SMSL Sanskrit 10th mk ii, and I really like it! I am finally trying some digital music streaming sites to see what some 24/192 lossless files sound like, I am doing a free trial of Apple Music and was playing the Eagles' Hotel California - which is 24/192 lossless ALAC...but when I am listening to it, the display of the Sanskrit says the same '44' that it says when I am listening to a CD. Shouldn't the display of the Sanskrit say '192'?

Is it a problem if I am transmitting the signal via a USB to micro USB cable?

I am sorry - I am a noob at this, the manual that comes with the Sanskrit is not very helpful, and I tried a search to answer my question but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance for the help!

OP
B

bebopdeluxe

I now have the ability of the SMSL to play 24/192 files from Amazon Music Unlimited, but now the display is constantly stuck on 192 - even when I am streaming 16/44 content. WTF? When I move to my CD player, the display switches to 44, but then I go back to either Amazon Music or Tidal, on 16/44 music, and it is still showing 192 on the display.

Do I need to send this thing back?

OP
B

bebopdeluxe

I specifically picked non-24/192 recordings - on both Amazon Music Unlimited and Tidal (like more obscure jazz recordings that would not have been upconverted) - and the display still shows 192. These were definitely not “Ultra HD” recordings, but the display still shows 192.

It makes no sense.

staticV3

Master Contributor
I specifically picked non-24/192 recordings - on both Amazon Music Unlimited and Tidal (like more obscure jazz recordings that would not have been upconverted) - and the display still shows 192. These were definitely not “Ultra HD” recordings, but the display still shows 192.

It makes no sense.
That's a problem of your streaming service, not of the DAC. They will all show the same thing with regards to sample rate.

Top Bottom