• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Question about Adam Audio

Ajax

Forum Donor
Well that sounds like what I am looking for. Hearing the TV5's kinda gives me the house sound to compare, but the price of the A7x gives me pause without hearing them first. Can't demo them first so your impressions are helpful.
The clarity in the highs with the TV5's is the best I have had in a speaker so I was leaning on keeping in the same house sound. There so close to my ears that's important to me. Being exposed to high noise environment most my life....., well I think the clarity is great.
Now to talk to the wife.

FYI - You can purchase a pair of the original Adam A7 on eBay for around US$900 (A7X FOR $1400). These are about 10 years old but are seriously good speakers and mine are still sounding great.

I think we sometimes forget the many benefits of active speakers including:
- Efficiency (crossover after amplification)
- Cost (includes amp)
- Synergy (woofer / tweeter amps properly matched)
- Convenience (small form factor with less boxes
- Simple to operate and set up
- Sound quality (mine never sounded boxy)
- etc.

Add a volume controlled DAC (such as a Topping E30) as a preamp (although the Adams have built in volume control) and you can have a complete system with serious HiFi quality for as little as US$1k (assuming you use your computer as the source).

Top Bottom