• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Qudelix is developing a MiniDSP destroyer.

Madjalapeno

Forum Donor
IMO, absolutely yes. Or use an industry standard like TASCAM DB-25 (although this would take slightly more space).

Michael

Or at least design it so a standard USB can not plug in there. Make it so the case gives you some sort of lock out. Should also be keyed in some way.

godmax

@wslee do you plan also to add a digital output, so you could use the great EQ options with an external DAC - or this is too late in the desgin/production process?

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Would you rather that they make a proprietary connector?
Make... no, use: yes. There are plenty of small generic connectors out there. The trouble is that they are often way more expensive to implement.

Atanasi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
If manufacturers like to use the USB-C connector for their own signals, they should implement it as an alternate mode.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

wslee

Audio Company
Reusing existing connectors for things like this is mostly not a good idea. The chance that users interpret the connector wrong is very high. With any luck, you will not damage the DAC or the other side of the cable. Hopefully, there are some measures taken to prevent misuse.
Yes, you're right. And that's why we leave the VBUS unconnected.

wslee

Audio Company
@wslee do you plan also to add a digital output, so you could use the great EQ options with an external DAC - or this is too late in the desgin/production process?
No, we don't have any plan for that...

Madjalapeno

Forum Donor
I understand your concern. But, we already made the decision and design the HW with USB-C.
And plugging other usb cable or charger won't make any trouble or damage, since VBUS is floating/not connected.
Great. I design and engineer medical products, so continually get to bring up issues to EE's. It's what we do.

That's what FMEA's are for.

Good luck, and I look forward to seeing developments.

Jumbotron

I know there has not been a post in this thread since december 2021, but I wonder when this T71 unit will be released. Supposedly it would be released early on 2022, according to their website.

JRS

Major Contributor
Likewise still very interested--in my case for 3 way actives and stereo SW's.

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
So I have a miniDSP measurement microphone. Is it gonna destroy that too?

juliangst

So does this work like a minidsp flex 8?
I was interested in buying a minidsp flex or the topping DM7 and use it with camilladsp but this qudelix looks like a great alternative

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think Qudelix are still struggling to source components. There are some updates (in Korean, but translatable to English in Chrome) here: https://m.post.naver.com/my/series/...68030&memberNo=49910556&prevVolumeNo=33736870

The design has moved on a bit as well...

image.png

juliangst

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I still wonder how the USB C to analog adapter would look like. Does it even work like that? If it’s only a surround downmix device it’s a bit disappointing

1660842863648.png

Presumably Qudelix will be making an 8 channel earphone with a USB-C connector to go with the T71 (like the QX-over earphones that work only with the 5K).

Top Bottom