• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Qudelix 5K - Volume management

Hello !

I just received my Qudelix 5k (I'm in the process of buying new headphones).

I do have a question when I use it with my iPhone. How do you prefer the Apple Music volume (Full blast or minus something ?) and the Qudelix (To taste I assume) ? I'm not sure if Apple Music boosts volume in a pure linear way without distorting when sending digital signal only.

Do you prefer the «Normal» setting or the «Hight» setting ?

Right now, I use it with Beyer DT-250 80 ohms, but I plan to switch soon to Dan Clark's Noire.

Best wishes,

OP
C
Ok I found the answer in the online manual:

«Optimal sound quality at any given volume level
  • No need to care for smartphone volume.
  • Any smartphone volume level keeps the best sound quality (Bluetooth and USB)»

staticV3

Master Contributor
Probably because the 5K supports absolute volume control, meaning that no matter what volume you set your phone to with the volume rocker, audio is sent to the Bluetooth receiver at 100% volume and the volume control is instead happening on the 5K itself, remotely controlled via your phone.

You can learn more about this feature (and a bunch of other Bluetooth audio related things) here: https://habr.com/en/post/456182/

OP
C
Probably because the 5K supports absolute volume control, meaning that no matter what volume you set your phone to with the volume rocker, audio is sent to the Bluetooth receiver at 100% volume and the volume control is instead happening on the 5K itself, remotely controlled via your phone.

You can learn more about this feature (and a bunch of other Bluetooth audio related things) here: https://habr.com/en/post/456182/
Thank you. I understand better now !

I fiddled a bit with it, especially to find ways to connect it with wires on the iPhone and the MacBook to have 96 Khz.

I'm not sure it has tons more output than the devices themselves, but the precise EQ does really hep the Beyers be more balanced and musical, although I'm pretty sure they won't beat the Noire when I ordered them.

Best wishes,

Top Bottom