• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Qudelix 5K or Hidizs S9 Pro for iPhone/Mac?

POLL: Qudelix 5K or Hidizs S9 Pro for iPhone/Mac?

• Total voters

JanesJr1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thanks for your reply, which feeds my curiosity about why the Hidizs (how is that word pronounced?) got only one vote in this poll while the Qudelix got 9.
My vote for the Hidizs was simply an endorsement of its performance, not a vote against the Qudelix, which I haven't used. I might speculate that the Qudelix, with its features and adjustments, might have special appeal to audio tinkerers, which certainly includes many ASR members. (Me, I tinker some, but dongles I seem to want to be just simple and effective. For example, I don't need to use a battery and I don't need EQ on my dongle; I've got it with EAPO at the source.)

I will mention the sound, which seems reliably clean and neutral. I hear no coloration, and as I said earlier, the S9 keeps up with the neutrality, detail, separation, extended bass and moderate sense of spaciousness which the DCA planar headphones can deliver.

Last edited:
OP
Vik

Vik

You do realise there is no absolute right answer to the question you have posed (for yourself, really)?

One has onboard eq and Bluetooth (EDIT- and a battery!) . One doesn't. If you need neither of those features, get the hidizs. Especially if you are hell bent on playing higher sample rate files natively.
Thanks for you reply! I'd actually prefer both a battery and EQ and Bluetooth, but I'm OK with sample rates up to 96kHz. The Hidizs looks interesting too – but I've just ordered a Topping DX3 Pro+ now, and will have to wait with something more portable for now. Plus, there were more arguments against both the Hidiza and Qudelix – for me – than it was for the DX3.

My vote for the Hidizs was simply an endorsement of its performance, not a vote against the Qudelix, which I haven't used. I might speculate that the Qudelix, with its features and adjustments, might have special appeal to audio tinkerers, which certainly includes many ASR members. (Me, I tinker some, but dongles I seem to want to be just simple and effective. For example, I don't need to use a battery and I don't need EQ on my dongle; I've got it with EAPO at the source.)

I will mention the sound, which seems reliably clean and neutral. I hear no coloration, and as I said earlier, the S9 keeps up with the neutrality, detail, separation, extended bass and moderate sense of spaciousness which the DCA planar headphones can deliver.
Thanks! Sure, if I were aware of a global EQ that would work for both MacOs and iOs devices (not only for music apps, for all audio), the Hidizs would look more interesting. The battery thing is also kind of important – I want my internal iPhone battery to last as long as possible.

Top Bottom