• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Qudelix 5K - DSP and most functions unavailable without BT connection

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Perhaps the dongle was also connected via BT...

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
That is exactly, step by step, my experience. What is your mobile device brand?
Pixel 5 currently but same with any other I have used.

OP
M

ManuCV

From Qudelix support themselves:

"The Qudelix mobile app works over Bluetooth link only.
So you will need to pair the 5K with your phone over Bluetooth, to make the app connection.

Currently, we're working on the V2.0 Software Update.
With the v2.0 software, you can turn on/off A2DP & HFP, but you will need to pair the device anyway.

If you turn A2DP profile off, you will have no 5K Bluetooth out of the Android Audio Output Device List.
By default, you would have 5K USB DAC only, while you can have the 5K app connection over Bluetooth."

OP
M

ManuCV

Hi guys, I have another question regarding the 5K in USB mode.

The double press for next track or previous track only works when using the 5K via Bluetooth. If I use it with my phone (Sony Xperia Pro-I) in USB mode it won't work. I have tried several apps (Spotify, Poweramp, etc) and works fine when used with Bluetooth, but not in USB mode.

Is this expected? I have tried googling about this but didn't find anything. Posted on the Qudelix forum but so far no replies.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi guys, I have another question regarding the 5K in USB mode.

The double press for next track or previous track only works when using the 5K via Bluetooth. If I use it with my phone (Sony Xperia Pro-I) in USB mode it won't work. I have tried several apps (Spotify, Poweramp, etc) and works fine when used with Bluetooth, but not in USB mode.

Is this expected? I have tried googling about this but didn't find anything. Posted on the Qudelix forum but so far no replies.
That is as expected. Same as if you are USB connected to a PC.

OP
M

ManuCV

That is as expected. Same as if you are USB connected to a PC.
Thanks Jim, in fact Qudelix has just replied in their forum - not available with this software version but they may include it in a later revision.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks Jim, in fact Qudelix has just replied in their forum - not available with this software version but they may include it in a later revision.
I agree it would be useful. As would the ability to turn off the bluetooth on your phone and use the Qudelix app when connected by USB. I suspect that functionality would come at the same time.

OP
M

ManuCV

I agree it would be useful. As would the ability to turn off the bluetooth on your phone and use the Qudelix app when connected by USB. I suspect that functionality would come at the same time.
Yes, I requested that on their forum as well - that should be doable. At the moment the 5K feels a bit crippled when using it on mobile devices with USB.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, I requested that on their forum as well - that should be doable. At the moment the 5K feels a bit crippled when using it on mobile devices with USB.
The good news (and I hadnt realised this) is you can have the device connected and playing USB but control the app by BT. You just set the priority within Input settings on the app to USB priority. Doesnt help with playback controls but means you can fiddle with EQ etc whilst playing.

OP
M

ManuCV

The good news (and I hadnt realised this) is you can have the device connected and playing USB but control the app by BT. You just set the priority within Input settings on the app to USB priority. Doesnt help with playback controls but means you can fiddle with EQ etc whilst playing.
Yes, I figured that out (by setting the priority to USB) - far from being user friendly but gets the job done.
Another request that hopefully could be fulfilled is making the AutoEQ presets searchable or "pinnable", having to search every time through that huge list is cumbersome.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, I figured that out (by setting the priority to USB) - far from being user friendly but gets the job done.
Another request that hopefully could be fulfilled is making the AutoEQ presets searchable or "pinnable", having to search every time through that huge list is cumbersome.
That you can do. Select the Auto EQ preset you want. move back to the Equalizer tab and you will see the EQ graph, long hold over the graph image and it will bring up the list of custom EQ, select one of the "custom" ones with a long press and it will give option to rename and save.

OP
M

ManuCV

That you can do. Select the Auto EQ preset you want. move back to the Equalizer tab and you will see the EQ graph, long hold over the graph image and it will bring up the list of custom EQ, select one of the "custom" ones with a long press and it will give option to rename and save.
That's a neat trick, thanks!

Top Bottom