• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Qudelix-5K Bluetooth DAC & Headphone Amp

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Thanks, I saw your message just after I had bought a cable, and have now found that it doesn't work. It wasn't made by Apple but by Linocell, and says "Made for iPhone/iPad/iPod" on the package, so it probably has the wrong kind of wiring. Back to AAC.
I can confirm that these cables work from iPhone to Quedilix. I have tried both the short 6” and the 1.5 foot lengths. They carry both USB to USB and USB to Lighting.

USB to Lighting DAC cable

Last edited:

AdamG

Forum Donor
Thanks! Do you or anyone else know if those will let me hear 24/96 from Tidal also (and not only Apple Lossless)?
Yes see my above post. Personally tested to work with Tidal, Quboz and Amazon at all sample rates of the Qudelix.

Vik

I can confirm that these cables work from iPhone to Quedilix. I have tried both the short 6” and the 1.5 foot lengths. They carry both USB to USB and USB to Lighting.

Link to Cable USB to Lighting, and USB to USB
Hi, I have already bought one of the camera kits (from Apple), but it would be nice with a simple cable as well. However – I'm confused, since the link in your post is dead. Which cable was that again?

AdamG

Forum Donor
Hi, I have already bought one of the camera kits (from Apple), but it would be nice with a simple cable as well. However – I'm confused, since the link in your post is dead. Which cable was that again?
Does this link work?: Sorry about the dead link. Thought it was good. I fixed the above link as well. Best thing about these cables is you only need one cable and no bulky camera adapter than a usb cable. One cable solution and they have both USB-C to USB-C and USB-C to Lighting.

Last edited:

Vik

Yes, and it says:
"Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."
Thanks anyway!

AdamG

Forum Donor
Yes, and it says:
"Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."
Thanks anyway
Weird just checked and it indicates all 3 sizes as in stock for me? Strange. Try refreshing the page maybe

04gto

AdamG

Forum Donor

tifune

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
RAA really went for it - tests with multiple filters, plus they check 16ohm output. mobile devices, although I have yet to find a layman's explanation, often lose power below 32 ohm so independent 16ohm tests are really helpful for us planar addicts.

Brianc

Finally got the 5k but can't get output from the USB. Turned off Bluetooth on my phone, selected audio in the USB developer options, what else? Using a LG Rebel as a music player only. Thanks for any help.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Finally got the 5k but can't get output from the USB. Turned off Bluetooth on my phone, selected audio in the USB developer options, what else? Using a LG Rebel as a music player only. Thanks for any help.
Does that phone have an OTG setting? My old Oneplus did- enabling it got the signal out. Also, is the Q5K in usb or BT mode? The volume sliders in the app will tell you.

Brianc

Does that phone have an OTG setting? My old Oneplus did- enabling it got the signal out. Also, is the Q5K in usb or BT mode? The volume sliders in the app will tell you.
When I turn off Bluetooth on my phone there's no symbol between the volume sliders. If there's an OTG setting I can't find it. Only USB management in the developer mode, with "audio" the only option that seems relevant.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
When I turn off Bluetooth on my phone there's no symbol between the volume sliders. If there's an OTG setting I can't find it. Only USB management in the developer mode, with "audio" the only option that seems relevant.
Have a look at the power settings / input settings in the Qudelix app as well, there are many selections , perhaps one is set wrong to get USB. Sadly I dont know LG phones so cant help much more.

Last edited:

04gto

Does this link work?: Sorry about the dead link. Thought it was good. I fixed the above link as well. Best thing about these cables is you only need one cable and no bulky camera adapter than a usb cable. One cable solution and they have both USB-C to USB-C and USB-C to Lighting.
I just got this cable from Amazon. Does not work for me. No USB audio. A message pops up when I plug it in, something like "non compatible device". Oh well my Meenova one still works fine. I was hoping this one would work though, since it is a bit shorter.

AdamG

Forum Donor
I just got this cable from Amazon. Does not work for me. No USB audio. A message pops up when I plug it in, something like "non compatible device". Oh well my Meenova one still works fine. I was hoping this one would work though, since it is a bit shorter.
Then it’s defective you should ask for a replacement or refund. To be clear you have the lighting end in the phone and the usb-c end in the Qudelix? Have you tried restarting the Qudelix and your phone?

Brianc

Have a look at the power settings / input settings in the Qudelix app as well, there are many selections , perhaps one is set wrong to get USB. Sadly I dont know LG phones so cant help much more.
Seems it didn't like the cable it came with or another similar one I tried. Will only output over USB with an OTG cable recommended elsewhere on this thread. I guess that's solved,; now my question is why are the preset eq values different from the oratory source they claim to use?

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Brianc

After a week with the 5k, my impressions are: steep learning curve but fairly easy to use once you figure it out; plenty of power for low impedance cans; manual eq settings preferable to the presets for Sundara, AQ Nightowl and Senn 598cs. I also prefer the simplicity and convenience of Bluetooth instead of USB on Android. The LDAC codec sounds excellent and is easier to do hires audio with (at least when using Amazon Music )

Brianc

After a week with the 5k, my impressions are: steep learning curve but fairly easy to use once you figure it out; plenty of power for low impedance cans; manual eq settings preferable to the presets for Sundara, AQ Nightowl and Senn 598cs. I also prefer the simplicity and convenience of Bluetooth instead of USB on Android. The LDAC codec sounds excellent and is easier to do hires audio with (at least when using Amazon Music )
Update: I found a preset PEQ setting I really like. It's for HD650 and labeled "Crinnacle, worn pads" (though I'm using it with 6xx with only slightly worn pads).
This is the rare device (bit of kit as the Brits say) that has exceeded my expectations.

AdamG

Forum Donor
Update: I found a preset PEQ setting I really like. It's for HD650 and labeled "Crinnacle, worn pads" (though I'm using it with 6xx with only slightly worn pads).
This is the rare device (bit of kit as the Brits say) that has exceeded my expectations.
It is packed with valuable features. Just takes some time to become familiar with them all. I take the preset EQ filter from the library and dial in my preferences using the preset as a template. I love this little device so I bought a second one. Lots of value here for the price.

Top Bottom