• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Qudelix-5K as a multi-solution device vs. discrete components?

Okay, from the outset: I'm not an audiophile; just a music nerd who enjoys good sound.

I have a laptop running via HDMI to my Sony 900h television. Sony SSCS5, Aiyima A07, Fiio Taishan DAC, the latter of which I use w/ optical to the TV. For music, I mostly play FLAC files from the laptop. Sounds good.

Functionality I'm looking for:
  • Sometimes my son will be playing a video game, which leaves me wanting to stream music to the system.
  • Also in need of a decent headphone DAC/amp to use with my phone.
  • Also a Bluetooth device for using wired headphones with the TV for nighttime listening/watching.

I bought a FiiO BTR5 for use as a multi-solution device, and it does all of the above mentioned just fine. If I decide to go this route, I'll be using the Qudelix-5K, but same idea.

My question is, how much better off in terms of sound quality would I be getting a dedicated bluetooth reciever for the amp, decent headphone DAC/amp for the headphones etc? The Qudelix or similar seems like such an elegant solution, but I'd be willing to budget $250 for discrete components if it meant a leap in sound quality.

Thanks!

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
there would be no improvements in sound quality in my opinion.

The Qudelix 5K is distortion limited when you push it to the absolute max, and even then the harmonics are all below -80 dB which makes them effectively inaudible.

index.php

I own the Qudelix personally and i think it's the best headphone product i have ever purchased for the price.

THW

Forum Donor
really the main question imho at this point is: does the BTR5/Qudelix-5K have enough power for your headphones?

if yes and assuming the other features are on point, save your money.

Top Bottom