• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Qobuz lowers price

OP
SKBubba

SKBubba

There's a lot to like about Roon. I used it for a long time with Tidal and Qobuz (no local files). The issue for me is that I'm deeply in the Apple ecosystem (long time user due to being in the graphic design industry) and the Roon apps on iOS are sub par. I've spoken to Roon support and followed the threads on the Roon forums, but it seems because Roon is built on Xamarin the Roon apps may never be any better than partially broken on iOS. When Apple started offering lossless earlier this year I made the switch to Apple Music and saved myself ~$40 per month. So far I've been satisfied with the switch and I'm happy to be rid of the buggy, non-compliant Roon mobile apps.

If I was an Apple user I would have probably switched by now, too.

G-rig

Just using the 3 month trial of Qobuz, it's not bad. Mostly for testing 96 -192kHz albums. Won't bother subscribing after that, probably give it a few years till the library is bigger, and a lot of albums that are apparently 96kHz are only coming across as 44.1 (Chromecast audio). Perhaps one song on the album is .. there is Also no feature for volumio like with Tidal, so you can connect and play through the native player (and 'cast' to RPI etc).

Personally I prefer the Tidal interface and library and it's great for cheap if sign up with VPN. Please don't carry on about MQA again.. lol. If your equipment is decent cd quality is fine and looking forward to streaming my own FLAC files a bit more.

People saying you can download quboz music to keep, surely it's just for offline playback if you have a current subscription?

Volumio seems good, anything else worth considering before getting the yearly subscription?

Have never used Spotify, don't have any Apple devices but heard Apple music is pretty awful.

PS I was going to get an MQA capable Chinese DAC (it does seem more dynamic and extra sound), but won't bother and the general quality and sound from the RME Adi-2 FS should cover it.

Cheers

Last edited:

Dennis_FL

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Qobuz has lowered US price to $12.99/mo. or $129.99/yr. ($10.83/mo.). Similar reduction for Sublime, $179.99/yr ($15/mo.).

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/music/s...al&utm_campaign=subscription_price_2021update

Saw somewhere they also announced lower pricing in the UK.
I went to pay the 129/mo and used the wrong email. I cancelled immediately paid on the right email, but they won't give me the money back for the first payment. No refunds. I paid $129 + tax for 2 hours of nothing -- no music.....just using the webpage for payments.

G-rig

Stuff them mate
Tidal hi-fi via VPN (Argentina) costs stuff all

Dennis_FL

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Why not just change the email in the account settings?

I don't think a new email would work since the correct one was active and I probably would have gotten an error due to an existing account.

Anyway, It was too late......Lots of things I would have done if I knew what I know now. I assumed if I cancelled minutes later, that Qobuz was like every other place on the planet and would not take my money. And they took it twice. And - I can't use the cancelled account. It's deactivated.

Top Bottom