• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Q: Buy Topping D30 or SMSL SK10 now or wait for Topping E30 or other reco's?

sndraco

Hi

I am thinking of buying a USB DAC to connect my computer to my Quad 11L powered speakers and wondering if I should buy a D30 ($99 on aliexpress) or SMSL SK10 ($67 on aliexpress for older version $100 for newer though banggood has it for cheaper) or perhaps a Schitt Modi 3 (3 recommendations I found from this site and my friends) or wait for Topping E30. Open to other suggestions too. I thought of the Tone Board but not sure on that esp. without an enclosure

Right now only need the USB port, in future likely to use the optical also (right now old google tv box optical goes to a Fiio D3) as figure a new DAC would be an upgrade on the Fiio D3.

Thanks

Shri

Last edited:

DUKE-DUKE

[QUOTE = "sndraco, publicación: 359274, miembro: 12350"] Hola

Estoy pensando en comprar un DAC USB para conectar mi computadora a mis altavoces Quad 11L y me pregunto si debería comprar un D30 ($ 99 en aliexpress) o SMSL SK10 ($ 67 en aliexpress) o tal vez un Schitt Modi 3 (3 recomendaciones que encontré de este sitio y mis amigos) o espere a Topping E30. Abierto a otras sugerencias también. Pensé en el tablero de tonos pero no estoy seguro de eso. sin un recinto

En este momento solo necesita el puerto USB, en el futuro es probable que también use el óptico (en este momento, el viejo google tv box óptico va a un Fiio D3), ya que un nuevo DAC sería una actualización del Fiio D3.

Gracias

Shri [/ CITA]

I have working 2 sanskrit 10 Th with the AK4490 chip about 80 · $ and I am delighted with them. The new Sanskrit 10Th MK II with the AK 4493 chip is now for sale for $ 110, I don't think there is much difference in sound between the AK 4490 chip and the AK 4493 chip. But the Sanskrit 19 Th MK II needs no power external 5 v 1 or 2 amp. Rate the pros and cons yourself, maybe later on I will buy a Sanskrit 10 Th MK II to try it out but to say I have no complaints about the two Sanskrit that I use every day.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
I say wait a bit. There are many new stuff coming out from both topping and SMSL. They are either much better implementation of similar chip of previous model or market chaging high performance stuff.

Dominique-T

As far as I understood, the E30 is a bit cleaner in term of jitter on the Spdif input. I have a system made of Roon and Chromecast Audio. In term of pure measured performance, the E30 could be a better choice for me.

john100a

I say wait a bit. There are many new stuff coming out from both topping and SMSL. They are either much better implementation of similar chip of previous model or market chaging high performance stuff.

Where can we see upcoming SMSL/Topping products?

mykeldg

Don't get the D30 and just wait for the E30. Actually E30 is already available.

I've had D30, D50s, Modi 3, Modi Multibit and now waiting for the e30.

If you want my subjective opinion, the D30 sounds subjectively (at least to my hearing and personal recordings) the least tight sounding, fatter, a bit slower and less detail than the others. D50s and Modi 3 sounds close and maybe you can distinguish the ESS vs AKM difference but nothing significant and sound mostly the same. The multibit measures the worst, doesn't sound as clean but still sounds subjectively a lot more detailed & musical than the all the better measuring DACs I have. That's why I'm getting the E30 so I have a dac that measures excellently that is cheap enough to keep as backup if I want that clean DS sound.

DUKE-DUKE

I am viewing user reports in this forum with Topping D30 and SMSL SK10 Th mkII indicating clicks and pops on both devices. So I decided to buy my third SMSL SK10 Th from the first edition, that is, the model with the AK 4490 chip and not the MKII. with the AK4493. Thank you very much to all.

Top Bottom