• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Purify multichannel amplifiers manufacturers

pogo

Major Contributor
If you comply with the IPC, I don't see any problems there.

BassMojo

Outside the ridiculous "benchmark" statement
- internal build quality is meh due to awful soldering/routing of the speaker outs
- interesting integration of 8 Purifi 1ET400A layouts on a single board, better done than T&A
- min impedance 4 Ohm non bridged. Really?
I inquired with Lyngdorf about which modules they use. Here is there response: "We don't utilize any Purifi modules. We have implemented the Purifi Eigentakt technology on our own 4-layer PCB and specified the components."

I wish that their design would allow for 800w bridged into 4ohm speakers as that would make for a good solution. Absent bridging, bi-amping six channels for LCR would be the only way to get that power, but I am not confident that would benefit my setup. Possibly better to wait for the 1ET9040BAs...

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
I inquired with Lyngdorf about which modules they use. Here is there response: "We don't utilize any Purifi modules. We have implemented the Purifi Eigentakt technology on our own 4-layer PCB and specified the components."
This is technically right, they took the 1ET400A layout and pasted it on their own layout 8 times.

as-lot

interesting integration of 8 Purifi 1ET400A layouts on a single board, better done than T&A
Could you explain what you think T&A got wrong? Or point out the thread where this was discussed, as I couldn't find it.

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Could you explain what you think T&A got wrong? Or point out the thread where this was discussed, as I couldn't find it.
Nothing wrong, just a bit quick and dirty. They didn't even remove the footprint for the connector.

1701276926347.png

The same PCB area looks like this on Lyngdorf
1701277262608.png

pogo

Major Contributor
Nothing wrong, just a bit quick and dirty. They didn't even remove the footprint for the connector.
The reference layout has mostly been retained here, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

pogo

Major Contributor
T+A is one of the leaders in amplifier construction and hf is a b*tch. Probably, they didn't leave it in the layout for no reason. I'll try to ask them.

pogo

Major Contributor
If I wasn't waiting for a very good 9040 implementation, this would be under the Christmas tree :cool:

Top Bottom