• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Purifi SPK5 Speaker Review (Prototype)

Tihomir

Has anyone made some of HiFiCompass projects with Purifi PTT6.5 and Passive radiators: PuriWave (Purifi PTT6.5X08-NFA-01+Viawave SRT-7) or Puri Bliss - BeWg

Yevhen

Forum Donor
Has anyone made some of HiFiCompass projects with Purifi PTT6.5 and Passive radiators: PuriWave (Purifi PTT6.5X08-NFA-01+Viawave SRT-7) or Puri Bliss - BeWg

I made PuriWave in a vented box

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-29-10-14-10-317_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-29-10-14-10-317_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
    550.4 KB · Views: 77

Yevhen

Forum Donor
I am satisfied, but now looking for something else. I posted a detailed feedback at HiFiCompass PuriWave page

Yevhen

Forum Donor
The bass is a bit dry but very fast, especially when I plug the ports. Highs are gentle, not tiring. Lately I noticed that I probably prefer mid-bass drivers with higher second harmonic: Wavecor, Scanspeak

Yevhen

Forum Donor
The passive radiator might sound differently. I should have probably tried it, but didn't want to take a risk and added a 12" sub instead to cover the first octave 20-40Hz.

howard416

The bass is a bit dry but very fast, especially when I plug the ports. Highs are gentle, not tiring. Lately I noticed that I probably prefer mid-bass drivers with higher second harmonic: Wavecor, Scanspeak
If you use a PC or RPi source you can test that out for yourself.

Yevhen

Forum Donor
If you use a PC or RPi source you can test that out for yourself.
Yes, I've already tested it. The purifi drivers have lower THD in general, but the 3rd harmonic is dominant at some low frequencies. My second setup 7" Wavecors have a bit higher THD but mostly because of the 2nd harmonic. So the bass feels much fattier and satisfying

howard416

Yes, I've already tested it. The purifi drivers have lower THD in general, but the 3rd harmonic is dominant at some low frequencies. My second setup 7" Wavecors have a bit higher THD but mostly because of the 2nd harmonic. So the bass feels much fattier and satisfying
No, I mean you can add harmonic distortion in DSP and find out what kind and how much you like with what kinds of music.

Yevhen

Forum Donor
No, I mean you can add harmonic distortion in DSP and find out what kind and how much you like with what kinds of music.
Ah, I don't think I like harmonics at all. Would never add them on purpose. What I feel is that the 2nd harmonic in Wavecor represents some kind of soft compression. Similar to what you have in guitar tube amp compared to the transistor push-pull. Or AlNiCo guitar speakers. The excessive energy during the low freq peaks is pushed into the 2nd harmonic which does not cause the IMD in mid range. That's just my theory

Top Bottom