• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Purifi or Hypex

Sfleck1606

After a lot of reading and scrolling I have decided to give a Buckeye amp a go. My main reason for this is space limitations and a wife who doesn’t like large metal boxes sitting on a stand on the floor. I am currently running Bower and Wilkins 683 s2 fronts, htm6 s2 center and m1 satellite surrounds, and SVS SB1000 pro sub through a Denon x4700h AVR. Bowers and Wilkins while somewhat easy to drive like lots of juice from what I have found. I am looking to drive the front 3 with the amp while keeping the 2 surrounds on the Denon. In looking at the Hypex 4 channel va the Purifi 3 channel I am having a hard time finding the reason for the difference in price which is substantial. I listen to more music than I watch movies and tv so I would pay extra if it is worthwhile sonically. I would appreciate your thoughts and opinions as I am fairly new to all this. Also, is it detrimental to have this amplifier whichever it is to sit on top of my subwoofer? Perhaps using a turntable iso platform to reduce vibration. It would help me keep the speaker cables shorter. Thanks for your help and input!

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Here's Matias's awesome amplifier spreadsheet, filtered by 'hypex' and 'purifi':

1676092355147.png

Also, Buckeye just announced (1 hour ago), the preliminary pricing for Hypex NCx500 amps:
Looking like $749 for the mono, $1049 for the stereo, and $1349 for the 3ch.

Hope that helps.

Top Bottom