• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Purifi 1ET7040SA by Rouge Audio Design first review i founded

theREALdotnet

Major Contributor
Of course they had to play Diana Krall...

What’s wrong with Diana Krall? Sure, I’d much prefer Björk myself, but this is about the technology, not the art ;)

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Reviewing an amp saying how this or that sounds is stupid: Diana Krall will be boring on any amp. What matters is if it distorts, how much it heats up and if there are other issues such as crosstalk. The veils are bullshit, as most audiophile music.

Last edited:
OP
Class D passion
Hi and welcome to ASR. :)

The amp looks quite interesting and internal layout looks clean... would be great for the manufacturer to send one in to Amir for testing, or someone buy one when available and ship for testing.

Any idea on pricing etc.?

JSmith
Rouge audio design says 1800 Euro+vat

Duckeenie

What’s wrong with Diana Krall? Sure, I’d much prefer Björk myself, but this is about the technology, not the art ;)

Diana's a cliché in the Hi-Fi press at this point. Seems like every other piece of hi-fi gear is tested using one of her tracks.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
The source is irrelevant to the behaviour of the amp.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
For the speakers perhaps, not for amps.
Well, I'll mention SET amps. They tend to get upset with complex material. Luckily, here we don't care.

tomchris

Nice amplifier faceplate from Rogue Audio Design. Of course, Rogue Audio Design is using the Hypex SMPS1200A400. However, Purifi should have a PSU in the works to be paired with the 1ET7040SA module.

Last edited:

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Nice amplifer faceplate from Rogue Audio Design. Of course, Rogue Audio Design is using the Hypex SMPS1200A400. However, Purifi should have a PSU in the works to be paired with the 1ET7040SA module.
Be careful: this Purifi amp is from Rouge Audio. Rogue Audio is a tube-centric company whose products are ... somewhat different in character and performance.

OP
Class D passion
Nice amplifier faceplate from Rogue Audio Design. Of course, Rogue Audio Design is using the Hypex SMPS1200A400. However, Purifi should have a PSU in the works to be paired with the 1ET7040SA module.
I hope but not immediatly, probably next year.

while reviewing this piece is interesting being one of the first on the market with the new purifi module, the outlet is the typical subjectivist old-style audiophile non-sense. stay clear from that site unless you want a good laugh reading their articles

Top Bottom