• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PSB's old Century line up

3dbinCanada

I must say that entire line up of speakers as old as they are continue to impress me. I finally connected a pair of Century 800i speakers into my second system and I'm seriously blown away with their sound. The mids and highs that PSB is so good at reproducing remains unchanged but the bottom end has some serious grunt while remaining tight and tuneful without any boominess. Why did Paul Barton move away from an 8" driver. Even the Century 500 with its single 8 inch driver delivers more bottom end than the Century 600 with their two 6.5 inch driver configuration.

riker1384

8-inch woofers cause directivity problems in the upper mids in 2-ways, that's why most don't use them any more.

I have heard those models, but every PSB I've heard, from the Image and Stratus series, has been excellent.

OP

3dbinCanada

8-inch woofers cause directivity problems in the upper mids in 2-ways, that's why most don't use them any more.

I have heard those models, but every PSB I've heard, from the Image and Stratus series, has been excellent.

Would beaming interfere with imaging? I ask because the 500 and the 800 image as well as my image series speakers.

Top Bottom