• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PSB Alpha P3 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 210 76.6%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 57 20.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters

Wolf

I lost a lot of respect for PSB a few years ago when they started using a rebadged Tymphany/Vifa DQ25. It's a (last I knew) $20 tweeter that sounds broken with broadband glare that I can't stand. Even if they anodized it for this model, it definitely shows why it's garbage.

pseudoid

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@amirm your lead statements imply $249 each maybe change to $249 for 2
Ignoramous me would pull the number 99% (out of the thin blue sky) for those who purchase speakers in 'pairs'.
I notice that the latest marketing-ploy has become to show price for a single speaker.:mad:
I'd eat Alice Cooper's hat if @amirm is that kind of a marketeer!

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
Ignoramous me would pull the number 99% (out of the thin blue sky) for those who purchase speakers in 'pairs'.
I notice that the latest marketing-ploy has become to show price for a single speaker.:mad:
I'd eat Alice Cooper's hat if @amirm is that kind of a marketeer!
Many speakers sell in singles. It is common to identify if the price is for a single or a pair. Many comments here assumed $249 for single when in fact that buys a pair.
At any rate I worked in hifi and while many speakers are indeed sold in a box of two, we also sold sold thousand of speakers by the single and this is very very common. No way your 99% figure is correct, in fact for floor standing speakers and larger monitors nearly all of them are sold by the 1.

Top Bottom