• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PSA, Harman billing Issues from secret "sale"

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
This is a PSA,
If this is the wrong section of ASR please move it mods.

Many folks bought stuff during the secret "sale"(or crazy site SNAFU or both --- who knows what the heck that all was).

Double check your billing statements. Several reports of people being charged the regular retail price vs what they thought would be the 75%ish percent off.
Other reports of not being charged anything and then suddenly being charged double or twice or some random amount.

That is what happened to us. We ordered a couple things and then noticed a couple weeks later the charge never appeared on the credit card.

Then a month later it appeared correctly. Then 2 days after that we received a 2nd charge for similar amount but slightly higher by about $20??

We received a stock email from Harman stating the additional was not accidental but rather to correct the missing amount but since we already were charged the correct amount a few days prior this is not true and additionally it is for a higher amount which seems extra odd.

In other words Harman obviously had some serious issues that they are having difficulty correcting accurately. Keep an eye on what you are billed and make sure you get charged the amount you were supposed two and only once.

I want to pay them, just not a penny more that what my invoice stated.

Harman and Sonos must have hired the same guy to do the site upgrades.

Indy

Thanks for the warning. How did you resolve the double billing issue?

OP
R

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
Thanks for the warning. How did you resolve the double billing issue?
Still working on it.
We used an AMEX so we should get plenty of help from them.
I think Harman will be easy to deal with though they seem overwhelmed to me.

Anyway I am glad I noticed it.
We use our cards all the time and it is possible it might have been missed by us due to the way the charges were applied. (one being somehow back-dated a month)
It was only a $600ish charge but obviously no way I want to pay double.

On the various forums I have heard similar stories from others and I know many here ordered some Stage A series stuff and maybe some of the 5 series stuff plus who knows what else.
We did a 306p set with the sub which was $286 and a few other random things.
I also picked up the A180's and 190's separately(don't ask why - I have not even opened them but the price was impossible to pass on. If D.M. makes a nice X-over mod I will play with that on the 180's. I thought about returning the 190's but feel kind of bad since Harman would be paying to ship them twice. I will keep them for something or sell them)That was paid via Paypal and had no issues.

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think Harman will be easy to deal with though they seem overwhelmed to me.
I wish you the best of luck in resolution. I've mentioned this before, but a year ago or so I purchased a dbx (Harman) item 'direct' from their Website. It was broken out of the box. All I was looking for was a return shipping label, and of course a refund.

It took me four (at least) calls, held on hold and the line dropped out when I was 'next in line', told the label had been send to my email... and on and on. After about two weeks I contested the purchase through Mastercard, because the billing date was approaching.

The return bar code finally arrived in email (I never received an explanation as to why it took so long). I must say the call center folks were pleasant. Just incompetent.

Sometimes you have a premonition that you are going to have trouble. I should have bought Guitar Center. They take returns with no questions asked. Most middle sized cities have one of those. You can order on-line and make the return locally, if need be.

Generally I think it is best to order through a dealer, even if it is on-line (such as Crutchfield, Sweetwater, GC etc.) because dealers tend to be set up for returns. I will never order direct from Harman again.

Top Bottom