• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PS Audio PowerPlant 3 Review

Rate this AC Regenerator

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 260 91.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 8 2.8%

• Total voters

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
One question. Why not the “Robbing the Piggy Bank” Panther for this review Amir? Is he off to the Islands for Holiday and not available? ;)
Since I'm not sure what problem people are solving with this, I have to assume they like extra boxes and have spare cash falling out of their pockets.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

JSmith

Master Contributor
Is he off to the Islands for Holiday and not available? ;)
1670507659395.png
pink-panther-boats.jpg

:cool:

JSmith

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Thanks @amirm for another revealing review and kudos to PS Audio for making such a great ground loop generator for only $2400 :oops:

ex audiophile

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
For me it's interesting to mesure a :

Furman AC-210 A E Power Conditioner​

A professional product that has been proven for a long time and which is recognized as significantly improving the sound.

Not an "Audio(idiot)phile High End" product like this PS Audio Powerplant...
Is there any evidence this product improves the sound? If so I'd enjoy reading it, please provide link.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Is there any evidence this product improves the sound? If so I'd enjoy reading it, please provide link.
Often a professional installation features a line conditioner, against the chance that line noise gets on a recording for example. That can mean thousands of dollars in re-do, and/or an angry customer.

ex audiophile

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Often a professional installation features a line conditioner, against the chance that line noise gets on a recording for example. That can mean thousands of dollars in re-do, and/or an angry customer.
So this device, which sells for about $290 from Crutchfield, should be recommended for home audio because it will "improve the sound."?

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
So this device, which sells for about $290 from Crutchfield, should be recommended for home audio because it will "improve the sound."?
I don't recall saying that, unless you have a business (?) In any event there are better ones out there.

PS Audio must really hate Amir
PS Audio should hate Paul, he's the guy at the top signing off the ploys to waste everyone's time. Paul is wasting their engineer's time, their marketing's time, their CUSTOMER's time. This entire company is nothing but snake oil at its worst. It's pretty clear at this point that the company has absolutely no integrity, they're bottomless in the worst way, releasing product after product which actually damages the audiochain. They are lying and cheating the customers.

Amir should do a snakes award at the end of the year. Paul would undoubtedly earn top marks.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
PS Audio should hate Paul, he's the guy at the top signing off the ploys to waste everyone's time. Paul is wasting their engineer's time, their marketing's time, their CUSTOMER's time. This entire company is nothing but snake oil at its worst. It's pretty clear at this point that the company has no integrity, releasing product after product which literally makes audio worse. They are lying and cheating the customers.

Amir should do a snakes award at the end of the year. Paul would undoubtedly earn top marks.
Perhaps they like making obscene profits, and don't care if the stuff works. That's kind of typical for audio tweaks.

Perhaps they like making obscene profits, and don't care if the stuff works. That's kind of typical for audio tweaks.
Making money on its own is a waste of a life.

(fictional) Samantha's marketing job is to lie about what PSaudio's devices do but PSaudio's products actually makes audio worse.

Samantha might be thinking, well, she's getting paid, she eats food, she poops. But what are the COSTS to Samantha. Samantha is dying with every passing moment. PSaudio is Flushing Samantha's life down the toilet.

The lie is worthless, it has not improved society, it has not improved Audio. PSaudio is throwing (fictional) Samantha's life away. Maybe Paul is callous and doesn't care, he thinks Samantha's life is worthless and expendable, but her life is not worthless to HER.

This is why company leadership is important. If the company's entirety is predicated on Snake oil, then everyone's time is wasted, both PRODUCER and CONSUMER, both ends are getting fleeced by Paul. Paul is killing (fictional) Samantha, he's killing the engineers, he's killing every person at that company. PSaudio is the worst type of predator, a stupid one.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Making money on its own is a waste of a life.

(fictional) Samantha's marketing job is to lie about what PSaudio's devices do but PSaudio's products actually makes audio worse.

Samantha might be thinking, well, she's getting paid, she eats food, she poops. But what are the COSTS to Samantha. Samantha is dying with every passing moment. PSaudio is Flushing Samantha's life down the toilet.

The lie is worthless, it has not improved society, it has not improved Audio. PSaudio is throwing (fictional) Samantha's life away. Maybe Paul is callous and doesn't care, he thinks Samantha's life is worthless and expendable, but her life is not worthless to HER.

This is why company leadership is important. If the company's entirety is predicated on Snake oil, then everyone's time is wasted, both PRODUCER and CONSUMER, both ends are getting fleeced by Paul. Paul is killing (fictional) Samantha, he's killing the engineers, he's killing every person at that company. PSaudio is the worst type of predator, a stupid one.
I complerely agree. Money is evil, and it should all be given to me to dispose of it properly. No need to thank me, my karma is shining now.

JayGilb

Major Contributor
For me it's interesting to mesure a :

Furman AC-210 A E Power Conditioner​

A professional product that has been proven for a long time and which is recognized as significantly improving the sound.

Not an "Audio(idiot)phile High End" product like this PS Audio Powerplant...
At best, it might get rid of a ground loop, but does not improve the sound.

I complerely agree. Money is evil, and it should all be given to me to dispose of it properly. No need to thank me, my karma is shining now.
Greed is natural. it's merely the derivative of our animal instinct to conserve energy, (turn a profit).

Stupidity, is taking the profits and burning it. That's been PSaudio's only role relative to the industry.

We can accept Greed, we can even accept Tyranny, but we can not accept PSaudio.

Top Bottom