• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PS Audio PerfectWave AC-5 Power Cable 1.5 Meter 1.5m 5ft cord USA 120v

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Last edited:

Wombat

Master Contributor
What is the current rating?

I(an EE) would get a current rated power cord from a Goodwill shop and be happy. When I throw out an electric jug I keep the IEC power cord as a spare. They handle any HiFi item that plugs into a standard power socket.

This is your 3rd thread seeking opinions on particular pricey power cords. You don't appear to be listening to member feedback but seem to be determined to spend lots of money on one and seeking reassurance. Buy whichever one you like the look of and it will work OK - just no better than the electric jug one.

Last edited:

hellboundlex

Forum Donor
Be sure to also replace the wires in your wall, and then work your way back to the hydroelectric dam.

Edit: in all seriousness, especially for your expensive equipment, use only UL listed power cords and devices. You don't want the insurance adjuster to see that cord and refuse to pay after a fire.

ShiZo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
This is an audioscience forum...

Just get a nice built cable, they aren't rocket science.

ta240

Major Contributor
....This is your 3rd thread seeking opinions on particular pricey power cords....

Are they shopping for a cord or just pimping an ebay listing?

The user has 3 pages of posts that are each nothing but a title and a link to an ebay sale. No question or any other information at all in any of them.

ShiZo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
@ta240 , I think that may be exactly what's going on. Very bad target market place to do so though.

Top Bottom