• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Pros/Cons Of Neurochrome 686 vs Purifi EVAL1 Builds

sq225917

Major Contributor
I'm running ns1000m, so once that 12" bass driver really gets moving it's pulling some current. They have an epdr of 2.3 ohm, 89db and nominal 4.6ohm.

The extra grip from a pair of nc400 is notable as drier bass but it's at the cost of a lack of refinement up top. I couldn't live with them.

tomchr

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Audio Company
Forum Donor
For those considering the Purifi 1ET400A, here's how I chose to build it:

The video is nearly as long as a feature film movie, so grab your popcorn and enjoy.

Tom

tomchr

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Audio Company
Forum Donor
I'll make a similar build video for a Modulus-686 Safe-n-Sane build over the summer.

Tom

groovybassist

Forum Donor
For those considering the Purifi 1ET400A, here's how I chose to build it:

The video is nearly as long as a feature film movie, so grab your popcorn and enjoy.

Tom
Great video @tomchr ! I have renewed appreciation for how meticulous your builds are. I noticed the wiring difference between the two Speakon connectors in my Mod-286, but never thought to ask why. Vertical bi-amping built in - I had no idea!

OP
concorde1

concorde1

There is my build.

Top Bottom