• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

proposing adding a new measurement/graph to speaker reviews

Biagiod

Hi Amirm (and all others..)

I would like to propose adding a new graph/measurement to the already long.. list of Klippel NFS you are so kind to publish.
I know it means extra time, but I believe the THD % at 86 and 96 and 86 and 96 dbSPL do not tell the whole story.

On a different forum I find following graph to be particularly interesting. Basically the frequency response do change based on SPL.. if you are playing loud (or just louder) response can change dramatically especially at very low and very high frequencies. We all understand we kind of knew it, but I believe could be interesting to see how different speakers perform.
ELAC%20Debut%202.0%20B6.2_Compression.png

Again, while THD % gives an indication of distortion at different SPLs especially on low frequencies, It is interesting to see that for instance on graph below the 50hz drop 2.5 db going from 86 to 96 SPL.

What I do not see on your measurements, for instance on TAD Evolution 2, any frequency response change going from 86 to 96 db. Did you actually remeasure it while checking for THD or did you just overimposed (can you say that?) it on THD graph?

I understand all frequency response graphs are set at 2.83V, but are we sure response does not change with increased SPL as Erin graph shows? And if so, does it make sense checking it out at 2 -3 different SPLs? I know you like to listen at high SPLs on headphones, so maybe this should apply to headphones as well?

index.php

I am not really an expert, but please let me know if all above makes sense.

Thanks

(pls pardon my english.. I am trying my best though)

Top Bottom