• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Proper Metal music (no pony tails or choral crap)

threni

Major Contributor

They're back!

McLenin

Epic thread lads! Found many new bands, thank you very much!

My 2 cents to this glorious collection would be Burzum - Filosofem, in case anybody missed this BM jewel.

Later I can look up some Nu metal stuff, but only if I will not be prosecuted here for not being "proper" :p

McLenin

Aaaand another one from BM genre :] - Kampfar - Kvass

Now I am gonna something a little different - American Head Charge - The Feeding
I like the song Loyalty a lot

And since I already went to dangerous waters, I might continue with Static-X - I`m with stupid, their early work is quite good.

RHO

Major Contributor

My 2 cents to this glorious collection would be Burzum - Filosofem, in case anybody missed this BM jewel.

Later I can look up some Nu metal stuff, but only if I will not be prosecuted here for not being "proper" :p
These guys took the Scandinavian BM sound to a new level. Damn the distortion on the guitars is really over the top ... shrill!

McLenin

These guys took the Scandinavian BM sound to a new level. Damn the distortion on the guitars is really over the top ... shrill!

Heh, AFAIK it's one guy, he does everything. And I am not sure but he might still be in prison...
Anyways, very interesting music ;)

RHO

Major Contributor
Heh, AFAIK it's one guy, he does everything. And I am not sure but he might still be in prison...
Anyways, very interesting music ;)
The shrillness kills it for me.

HedgeHog

On the guitar forum, people were posting this regarding black metal.

RHO

Major Contributor
On the guitar forum, people were posting this regarding black metal.
While I do like some black metal, I definitely agree that many recordings are just garbage. Bands take the distinctive black metal sound several notches too far. And fans like it because ... "this is BLACK METAL!!" and no other reason.

RHO

Major Contributor

thrash

After some long meditating days in a cave, something to bring the adrenaline back
.....Because G.G. Allin shows were for children. The real thing.

Top Bottom