• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Proper Metal music (no pony tails or choral crap)

Audioagnostic

Amazing, it made me realise that I bought the compilation CD linked below when it was released in 1989. Saw many of those bands around that time. I consider grind crusher the best compilation album ever. Not sure if it needs higher dynamic range. Will digitize my copy tomorrow.

GrimSurfer

Major Contributor

Jefrpol

There is a pack of BBcodes that would allow it here. I don't think it can be embedded otherwise.

digicidal

Major Contributor
How did it take me a week to find this thread... I'm home! :D

digicidal

Major Contributor
Sorry @Thomas savage - I'm pretty sure King Buzzo uses a literal ton of hairspray... LOL! But since you put in a Helmet track it made me remember this classic:

digicidal

Major Contributor
ORBI - The Oscillating Revenge of the Background Instruments, album on BIS
Fight Fire with Fire
Although hugely into Metallica in high school (late 80's) - I feel time spent listening to them would be better spent listening to Megadeth. ;)

This track has confused that allegiance in ways I can't explain. Thank you.

digicidal

Major Contributor
The all female metal band.....Nervosa

I'm a sucker for a female vocalist regardless of genre. But there are some real gems in the metal scene.

digicidal

Major Contributor
Mors Subita I can get into more than EToS... it's just a little too Queensryche for me. I can totally appreciate it from a technical perspective however.

Edit: Checked out some of their other tracks... specifically from the album Before the Bleeding Sun the track "Sinister Rain" - very nice!

Last edited:

digicidal

Major Contributor
Does this qualify? Or am I just too old.
If Black Sabbath isn't allowed in a discussion of metal... then the discussion is what should be disqualified... that would be as egregious as disqualifying Iron Maiden, AC/DC, or Led Zeppelin... although to be fair with Zep the 'hairspray' exclusion could come into play. ;)

Top Bottom